Real nest of enlightenment and comfort, the Cocoonababy® nest reassures babies and help them adapt smoothly to life after birth. While respecting the medical recommendation to sleep babies on their back, the elongated semi-fetal position in the Cocoonababy® nest allows babies who have lost their known landmarks in the womb of their mother to feel safe and content. This position present many advantages, including improving the quality and length of time of your baby's sleep.
Until now, there has been no way to simulate the feeling a newborn experiences in its mother’s womb. The Cocoonababy® Nest gives your baby the best start in life. Watch this video to find out how...
HOW DOES THE COCOONABABY® NEST PROMOTE SUCH DEEP SLEEP?
A feeling of peace and calm, in a space reminiscent of the mother’s womb…
Thanks to the enveloping shape of the ergonomic nest, your baby lies in a semi-foetal position, which helps to reassure baby and promotes deep sleep.
The contact of baby’s shoulders and arms against the cocoon limits the effect of the Moro (‘startle’) reflex, preventing unnecessary disturbances during your baby’s natural sleep cycles.
A combination of supportive and reactive foams, allowing baby to move freely and safely (unlike memory foam)…
Freedom of head movement limits the risk of plagiocephaly (flat head syndrome).
A comfortable body alignment — especially the head, hips and shoulders…
The cocoon’s slightly inclined position helps prevent and relieve symptoms of gastric reflux and colic, while the positioning of the hips and knees is ideal for baby’s physical development.
When baby is awake, the slight incline also encourages interaction between you and your baby, as they don’t stare directly up at the ceiling.
An ergonomic design that evolves as baby grows…
The cocoon ‘wedge’ is repositionable with simple velcro fastenings and can be easily adjusted as baby grows, then later removed when it is no longer necessary.
A perfectly hygienic mattress…
WHEN TO USE THE COCOONABABY® NEST?
The Cocoonababy® Nest will accompany your baby during every sleepy moment, at bedtime or naptime, at home or away, by providing the ideal environment for peaceful sleep and optimal physical development.
Look at the position of the baby in and out of the nest. It is clear to see that the baby’s position in the nest is optimal for both comfort and support.
USING THE COCOONABABY® SAFELY
Your baby’s safety is always our number one priority. However, as with any product, it needs to be used safely. We advise all parents to read this page of safety advice and to watch the video at the top of this page prior to using your new Cocoonababy® Nest…
Abide by these safety standards when using the Cocoonababy® Nest at home:
- Cocoonababy® size 3 is available for home use,
- Suited for babies weighing 2.8kg and above,
- Can be used up until your child starts attempting to roll or change position in the nest (about 4 months of age),
- Cease using at approximately 4 months of age,
- Can be used in a cot or cradle with sides at least 39cms in height (at least 20cm higher than the nest),
- If used outside of a cot or cradle, it must be placed on the floor and never on a raised surface,
- Always place your baby on its back in the Cocoonababy®,
- IMPORTANT – Do not use the Babynomade blanket when your child is in the Cocoonababy® Nest. For safety reasons, babies should not sleep with any coverings on their head or face.
How to use
PRODUCT DETAILS AND CARE INSTRUCTIONS
Dimensions: L: 69cm x W: 40cm x H: 19cm
Care: the fitted sheets and tummy band are machine washable
- We recommend avoiding online auction sites as these often sell counterfeits which may present serious safety risks to your baby.
- Although Cocoonababy nests may be reused for a second child, we recommend avoiding buying second hand Cocoonababy nests unless you are certain that care instructions have been followed.
- Do not use the Babynomade blanket in the Cocoonababy® as babies should always sleep with head and face uncovered.